Bernard Aircraft Company was a French aircraft manufacturer of the early 20th century. It was founded in 1917 by Adolphe Bernard to licence-built SPAD fighters and etablished at La Courneuve, a suburb of Paris. After the war the Société des Avions Bernard built a small production run of airliners for CIDNA as well as some other aircraft. Below are shown
the 'Bernard 70', a 1920 designed single-seat monoplane fighter, recently uploaded at SOH
the 'Bernard H.V.120', a 1930s racing seaplane designed and built to compete in the Schneider Trophy race. Delays caused by engine problems and the crash of the second aircraft delayed entry and the aircraft did not race in the competition. The first H.V.120 flew at Lake of Hourtin in 1930.
the 'Bernard 207 T' (T for Tourisme) was a series of French light touring aircraft from the early 1930.
In 1936 the company has been nationalized by the French State.